Operating Environment (as of Ver 2.6.0)
- Hardware: iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch 3rd generation or later, iPad (*1)
- OS: iOS 5.0 or later
*1: The iPad provides iPhone-compatible mode.
- 42,943 stars brighter than 8th magnitude
- Star brightness and colors reproduced
- Common names for 254 bright stars
- Major variable stars
- Stars twinkle as in reality
- Sun, moon and the 8 planets
- Moon phases
- Exaggerated and real-size display
- Transit of Mercury and Venus
- The 88 constellations
- Constellation names, lines and pictures
- Asterisms (e.g. Summer Triangle)
- Nebulae and star clusters (Messier)
- Catalog number and popular names
- IDs, Names, and Tails
- Data update possible as needed
- Sporadic meteors
- Shower meteors and their radiants
- Daylight, dusk and dawn effects
- Milky Way
- The shade of the Milky Way
- Solar eclipses (total, annular, partial)
- Object information displayed upon tapping on an object
- Images of major objects
- Coordinates (equatorial, ecliptical, galactic, horizontal)
- Rise, set, transit times, current time on a comprehensive graph
- Magnitude and color index for stars, meteor showers peaks, apparent diameters for planets, etc.
- Display of a landscape and altitude/azimuth grid
- Option of showing stars and objects below horizon
- Display of right ascension/declination grid
- Tracking by fixing objects in the center of the screen
- Adjustable simulation of moonlight and light pollution effects
- Simulation for every second between 1 Jan 1900 to 31 Dec 2099
- Date/time control by touch and finger slide
- World time zones, daylight saving time
- Manual input of latitude, longitude, altitude, or GPS acquisition (*2)
- Night vision mode to protect the dark-adapted eye
- Simple, easy-to-use interface
- Portrait and landscape display modes supported
- Pinch to zoom in and out within 3 and 180 degree FOV
- Drag to move freely through the sky, double-tap to center
- Real-time replay
- Selection of animation start time
- Animation speed in 6 intervals
- Reverse time replay
- Object Search
- Electronic compass (*2)
- Point your phone at the sky to show the starry sky in actual view.
- Arrow pointer-assisted navigation to sought objects.
- Bookmarking and saving of scenarios
- Save and load favorite screen scenarios as bookmarks.
- Copy favorite scenarios as URL (share the copied URL as a web page or via email with other iStellar users).
*2: GPS function and electronic compass are usable with iPhone only (not usable with iPod touch).